Classes are held on a credit-modular system using new teaching technologies. For conducting lectures and practical classes by the department, students and teachers developed lecture materials, teaching aids and developments, test tasks for controlling knowledge, situational tasks, work programs (power buses) and handouts.
The main tasks of the department when teaching the above disciplines are:
For communal hygiene:
1. the assimilation by students of the theoretical and practical foundations of the influence of the environment, in particular water supply, soil, atmospheric air on public health;
2. the ability to analyze the results of laboratory and instrumental studies (microclimate, lighting, noise, vibration, electromagnetic fields) to give them a hygienic interpretation.
3. the acquisition of practical skills in sampling for soil analysis; water, atmospheric air, air of hospital rooms and public buildings;
4. the assimilation of basic legislative materials and the acquisition of skills necessary for conducting preventive and ongoing sanitary supervision of public utilities.
1. the assimilation by students of the theoretical and practical foundations of the influence of factors of the working environment and working conditions on the health of workers;
2. the ability to organize the conduct of instrumental and laboratory studies of production factors and working conditions with analysis of the results (air pollution, microclimate, lighting, noise, vibration, electromagnetic fields, labor intensity, etc.);
3. the acquisition of skills in accounting, registration and investigation of occupational poisoning and diseases, statistical processing of morbidity materials with temporary disability;
4. the assimilation of basic legislative materials and the acquisition of skills necessary for conducting preventive and ongoing sanitary supervision of industrial facilities.
1. students' assimilation of the theoretical and practical foundations of physiological needs for food substances and energy;
2. the formation of students' skills aimed at the prevention of nutrition-related diseases;
3. carrying out research on the nutritional status of the population, nutritional value and food safety.
4. The acquisition of practical skills necessary for organizing rational (optimal) nutrition of a healthy and sick person and conducting state sanitary supervision.
On hygiene of children and adolescents:
1. students mastering the theoretical and practical foundations of a correct understanding of the interaction of the environment and the child population
2. the ability to analyze the results of laboratory and instrumental studies of children's clothing, shoes, furniture, books, educational supplies and toys;
3. development of a complex of optimal and justified conditions of life and education of children and adolescents.
4. the acquisition of practical skills necessary for sanitary supervision of preschool and educational institutions, hygienic assessment of household items.
On radiation hygiene:
1. students mastering the theoretical and practical foundations of the influence of ionizing radiation sources on the health of workers and the public;
2. the assimilation of legislative materials in the field of sanitary supervision on radiation hygiene;
3. mastery of the methods of work with radiation measuring instruments;
4. the acquisition of practical skills necessary for performing the functions of a sanitary doctor in radiation hygiene;
On the basics of health promotion:
1. the acquisition of knowledge on technologies for conducting public and state events to protect, strengthen and improve public health;
2. mastery of the basics of the prevention of infectious and chronic non-infectious diseases;
3. assimilation of the basic legislative materials in the field of health promotion and the formation of a healthy lifestyle;
4. the acquisition of practical skills and abilities necessary to perform the functions of a public health physician in the formation of a healthy lifestyle.
For general hygiene:
1. the acquisition of knowledge on the interaction of the human body with the environment and the impact on him of various natural and social factors;
2. students mastering the theoretical and practical foundations of the influence of atmospheric air, natural and climatic conditions and the microclimate of the area on the human body;
3. mastering the basic legislative materials of the Republic of Tajikistan in the field of sanitary and hygienic standards, rules and measures aimed at the prevention of diseases, health promotion and life extension.
On military hygiene:
1. mastering the issues of conducting hygienic measures in the troops, the specifics and contents of certain groups of these measures, technical means of hygienic support for troops;
2. the assimilation of the organizational structure and management in the system of hygienic support for the troops, the maintenance and organization of sanitary supervision in the troops;
3. mastering the influence of environmental and labor factors on the health status of military personnel.
Much attention in the educational process is paid to the independent work of students. Students of 2-4 courses prepare abstract reports on the state of the environment, working and studying conditions, problems of food hygiene, on the need for sanitary-hygienic measures, which are heard at a meeting of the Department of Navigation with the participation of students of the faculty in the amount of 15-20 people. Students of 5-6 courses carry out in-depth sanitary examinations of objects of communal, industrial, food destination, preschool, school, medical institutions, etc.
To help students of the faculty and teachers of the department developed standard programs and work programs (syllabuses) in all disciplines in Tajik and Russian. Lecture courses have been prepared and published on the basics of health promotion, on the hygiene of children and adolescents, teaching aids, teaching materials and teaching recommendations.