History of the department
Department of foreign and Latin languages was organized in 1939 which united teaching of Russian, Tajik, Latin and foreign languages. A.B. Bruker.
From 1943 to 1964 the department of Foreign Languages was headed by V.N. Zavadsky.
From 1964 to 1988, the department of Russian Language was headed by Associate Professor L.N. Zaretskaya, from 1988 to the present it is headed by Doctor of Pedagogical Sciences, Professor U.R. Yuldoshev.
Head of the Department of Foreign Languages from1969 till 1979 Kamalova A.R.
From 1979 till 1996, the Head of the Department of Foreign Languages was c.ph.s., associate Professor N.H. Hamroaliev.
From 2008 till 2019 Mukhamadieva Z.A. was Head of the Department of Foreign Languages.
Since September 2017, the department has been renamed the Department of Foreign Languages and Latin.
In June 2019 the Department of Russian and Foreign Languages were merged into a single one and renamed the Department of Foreign Languages.