«Today, Tajikistan is on the path of sustainable development and strengthening the foundations of state independence and the foundations of national statehood. At such a stage, all our efforts should be mobilized to make independence in the name of "nation", "homeland" and "unity" an inseparable concept of existence and consciousness, world outlook and fundamental value of life of every citizen of our country».
On September 9, 1991, an independent state called Tajikistan appeared on the political map of the world. On this historic date, Tajikistan officially declared its independence, which opened a new page in the life of the Tajik people. Dear Tajikistan became independent. State independence. National independence. Independence, which is the eternal dream of every free nation, without which any economic and social achievements will be unsustainable. It is thanks to independence, wise and far-sighted policy of the Founder of peace and national unity, Leader of the nation, President of the Republic of Tajikistan, Honorable Emomali Rahmon, that the people of Tajikistan have achieved significant political, economic, social and cultural achievements, the likes of which history does not remember. In the era of independence, achieving energy independence, getting rid of communication isolation, ensuring food security and industrialization of the country were declared strategic goals of the people and the state of Tajikistan, and with the consistent implementation of these high goals, the Republic of Tajikistan Tajikistan has entered a new stage of development.
Today, the free and sovereign state of Tajikistan occupies a worthy position in the international arena, and the world fully supports its peaceful and humanitarian initiatives. Today the peoples of the world hear the voice of Tajiks, and Tajikistan speaks about the happiness of mankind at high regional and international forums, takes a worthy place in the most influential world organization UN, among the most powerful countries. of the world. Global initiatives of the Republic of Tajikistan to solve water problems are supported by all countries of the planet and realized. At the suggestion of the Republic of Tajikistan, the UN declared 2003 as the "International Year of Clean Water", 2005-2015 as the International Decade of Action "Water for Life", 2013 as the "International Year of Water Cooperation". and 2018-2028. By declaring the International Decade of Action "Water for Sustainable Development", Tajikistanis were recognized by the world as a nation with initiatives to save humanity.
During the period of independence of the Republic of Tajikistan, under the leadership and far-sighted political will of the Founder of National Peace and Unity, Leader of the Nation, President of the Republic of Tajikistan Emomali Rahmon, culture, art, traditions have been revived and brought to the international community the traditions and historical heritage of the civilized Tajik people, which were in the process of disappearing. The countries of the world and international organizations have recognized Tajikistan as a full-fledged member of the international community and acknowledged our millennia-old civilization as a pearl in the firmament of world culture. On this long and far-reaching historical path, the great merit and eternal merit of the President of the Republic of Tajikistan Emomali Rahmon as a wise and attentive leader, an original and knowledgeable person, and he is an eternal status and indefatigable example for future generations of the Tajik people. Historical and cultural achievements of the Tajik people are included in the list of universal cultural achievements by the most prestigious organizations of the world, including the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, i.e. UNESCO, as an ancient heritage:
- in 2002, the capital of Tajikistan-Dushanbe city was awarded with the UNESCO prize “Peace City”;
- in 2003, "Shashmaqom" was inscribed on the UNESCO List as a masterpiece of the oral and cultural intangible heritage of humanity;
- in 2010, by decision of the UNESCO World Heritage Committee, the ancient city of Sarazm was inscribed on the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage List;
- In 2010, at the 64th session of the UN General Assembly, Navruz received an international status, March 21 was declared the International Day of Navruz, and this great holiday of ancestors was included in the UNESCO World Heritage List;
- in 2013, by decision of the 36th meeting of the UNESCO World Heritage Committee, the "National Park of Tajikistan - Pamir Mountains" was included in the UNESCO World Natural Heritage List;
- in 2013 in Paris at the UNESCO headquarters was held the presentation of the book "Architect of Peace", which was dedicated to the valuable contribution of the President of Tajikistan - Emomali Rahmon on the way to achieving complete peace and stability in the country;
November 29, 2018, UNESCO inscribed Chakan on the list of Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.
journalist of the rector’s Service