From September 20th
to 25th , 2022, the head of the Department of Children's Diseases № 2 of the State Educational Institution of the Avicenna Tajik State Medical University associate professor Davlatova S.N. and associate professor of the department Yusupova M.A. participated in the seminar "Healthy nutrition of infants, children and mothers". The seminar was held in the building of the "Serena" hotel, within the framework of the GIZ project "Improving the nutrition of mothers, infants and children in rural Tajikistan" with the financial support of the Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development of Germany. 27 students participated in the project by the order of the Minister of Health and Social Protection of the Population of the Republic of Tajikistan Abdullozoda J.A.: heads of departments of pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, family medicine, scientific research institutes, heads of relevant institutions, as well as assistants, heads of departments, doctors and nurses.
The program consists of ten modules:
• Module. Interpersonal Skills/Counseling and Behavior Change Communication
• Module. Fundamentals of rational nutrition
• Module. Nutrition for women
• Module. Exclusive breastfeeding (EВF)
• Module. Nutrition for children 6-24 months: complementary foods
• Module. Nutrition for children from 24 to 59 months
• Module. Physical and psychomotor development of children in the first 5 years of life
• Module. Nutrition for children from 6 to 10 years old (primary school age)
• Module. Nutrition of adolescents - children of senior school age from 11 to 19 years
• Module. Malnutrition in women
Classes were conducted by experienced trainers using situational tasks, many examples and participants had the opportunity to conduct role-playing games.
At the end of the seminar, all participants were given an Integrated training module and a training manual, as well as information on electronic media in the form of short training videos on this topic in two languages (Tajik and Russian). After completing the course, all participants received a certificate of participation in the seminar.
Head of the Department of Children
diseases №2 SEI ATSMU
Associate Professor Davlatova S.N.