At the department of propaedeutics of children diseases of SEI «ATSMU» 09.11.23 year an open lesson was held on the topic of «Children’s day in India» with the participation of teachers of the department and students of the 12th group of the 2nd year of bachelors (teacher – Kasymova P.V). Presentation was prepared by students of group 12th: Gouri Sreeja.
• Children’s day is celebrated across India to raise awareness about the rights, education and welfare of children.
• It is celebrated on 14th November every year on the first prime minister of India PANDIT JAWAHARLAL NEHRU, who was known to have been fond of children.
• Children’s Day is often celebrated various activities and events aimed at bring joy and happiness to children. These can include school events, special programs, games, gifts and various forms of entertainment.
After the death of Chacha Nehru in 1964, his birth anniversary began to the celebrated as Children’s Day in the country.
His popularity among children was consider and a resolution was passed in parliament to celebrate National Children’s Day in his honour on November 14.
Father of Children’s Day
• Children’s Day began on the second Sunday of June in 1857 by Reverend Dr. Charles Leonard, pastor of the Universalist Church of the Redeemer in Chelsea, Massachusetts: Leonard held a special service dedicated to and for the children.
Themes of Children’s Day
• 2023 Theme: For every child, every right
Slogan of children’s day
Keep children innocent – today, tomorrow and forever
• “Children are like buds in a garden and should be carefully and lovingly nurtured, as they are the future of the nation and the citizens of tomorrow.”
• “The children of today will make the India of tomorrow. The way we bring them up well determine the future of the country”
Chachaji’s love to children
• Nehru was popularly known for his affection and loves for kids and was fondly called as Chacha Nehru or Chachaji.
• He always emphasized on the education of children, whom he regarded as the future of the country.
Department of propaedeutics of children diseases